Shandelah-Wohld Concentration Camp
A satellite of the Neuengamme Concentration Camp was established near the town of Schandelah in May 1943 to extract shale oil in the surrounding area. Imagery coverage from 7 April 1945 shows the camp and a small refinery at Wohld, three kilometers north of the town. This area was connected to the main railroad at Shandelah by a single rail line, but others ran north, west and east of the refinery to other extraction sites and another possible refinery under construction. The direction of the northernmost rail suggests there was an extraction area another three kilometers away, which was not covered. The refinery was defended by at least one occupied light anti-aircraft site.
The camp was vacated on 10 April, when additional coverage showed there was a train at the Schandelah rail siding.