WW2 Aerial Reconnaissance Studies
The purpose of the complex is unknown and does not fit in with the well-documented network of Luftwaffe air defense command and control facilities . Still, the plan for a command post site at Oebisfelde suggests a special purpose facility that would have been ready in 1944 -- possibly one using new radar equipment. One such radar was the "Jagdhaus", the Luftwaffe's most sophisticated panoramic radar (altitude, azimuth and range] with a range of 300 km. At most there appears to have been only two Jagdhaus completed: one was destroyed at the Werneuchen test facility and the other was deployed for operational testing at Horstfelde, south of Berlin  (Graphic 6). Notably, the Jagdhaus "control room" at Horstfelde was located beneath the radar . One report  suggests a Jagdhaus was also deployed with Stellung "Fliege" at Etingen, and a circular base that appears similar to the the one at Horstfelde remains in a field north of Etingen to this day (Graphic 7).
Analysis of imagery from 2 August 1944 revealed that a command-control bunker complex--probably for the Luftwaffe--was planned in the vicinity of Oebisfelde, Germany, 16 km east of Wolfsburg and 150 km west of Berlin. The complex had three areas, including a probable bunkered radar position that was still under construction and possibly abandoned. The complex was situated between two radar sites (Stellung) belonging to IV. Abteilung, Luftnachtrichten-Regiment 214 (on 2 September 1944, reorganized under Luftnachtrichten-Regiment 231). The complex was 10 km west of Stellung "Fliege" at Etingen/Wegenstedt and 50 km east of Stellung "Panther" at Peine/Alvesse .
The probable command post area, accessed by a separate road, was 1200 meters northeast of the radar site and disguised a farm with some probable fake buildings (Graphic 4). While the presence of a bunker could not be confirmed, a stack next to the main building could have acted a a vent. Viewed on recent satellite imagery after removal of all the buildings, all three locations --especially the command post site-- show signs of past excavation (Graphic 5).
The support bunkers were near the complex entrance 800 meters northeast of the radar bunker and the two sites were connected with a pipeline (Graphics 1 & 3). The largest of the four support bunkers had not yet been fully buried.
 Lexikon der Wehrmacht: Luftwaffe, Truppenteile / Einheiten / Gliederungen,Luftnachrichtentruppe
 GYGES: http://www.gyges.dk
 Die Flaktürme: Berlin - Hamburg - Wien: Michael Foedrowitz, p86
 Wikipedia: German Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine Radar Equipment of World War II
The sites comprising the complex included the probable radar position, a command post disguised as a farm and a group of support bunkers, including some for fuel and water (Graphic 1). The unfinished 30 x 40-meter radar bunker appeared to have double walls and at least two levels topped by a seven-meter-diameter antenna mount (Graphic 2). The bunker was set in a rectangular excavation surrounded by a fence. The site was neatly-maintained, with no evidence of building materials or ongoing construction. Immediately to the south, a 40-merter-long bunker with two large openings had already been earth-covered. This bunker most likely been for power equipment, but it might also held bunker entrances, as it was connected to the main bunker by a passageway with U-shaped section to mitigate blast overpressure.
The full story the Jagdhaus development and deployment is unclear. It is uncertain even if a second Jagdhaus was ever built, but at 150 km west of Berlin, Etigen or Oebisfelde would be a logical location to site one of the systems. The existence of the radar pedestal at Etingen does suggest a planned Jagdhaus deployment there, but this does not take into account the presence of the specialized command-control facility being constructed at Oebisfelde.